Suitable for: All What does this mean?
This practical course provides you with the latest knowledge and resources to give your customers accurate and effective advice on UC.
This is a practical course for staff who are new to UC.
As we start to recover from the last couple of years, things are still unsettled for many, and there have been several amendments to the benefits system. It’s really important that staff feel confident to answer tenant’s questions.
The training includes:
- The less than obvious similarities and differences between the old and new help with rent
- Exploring all the Alternative Payment Arrangements (APA) options and knowing how to apply
- Taking an in-depth journey through the Monthly Assessment Period and how changes of circumstance affect entitlement
- How to maintain an online claim to prevent things going wrong – claimant’s responsibilities
- How sanctions and other deductions can affect your managed payment, and who has priority
- An update on the latest benefits news.
Who should attend?
This course is essential for everyone who is new to UC, or has a very basic understanding, to improve their knowledge and skills.
Alison Markantonis is an experienced welfare benefits, financial capability and employment skills practitioner, who has worked successfully in the affordable housing and benefits sector for the last 27 years. She has worked with many housing and support organisations and brings her extensive experience to specialise in demystifying the benefits system, money management and employability skills training for both frontline staff and tenants. Her approach is participative and interactive, using case studies and her own experience to take the complex, and make it not only simple, but also applicable.
Price and booking
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Byte Size members do not qualify for member discounts. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Sorry, this event has already started and bookings are now disabled
By continuing with this booking you are agreeing to our booking terms and conditions
Cancellations and substitutions
If you are unable to attend an event or public training course, please let us know in writing (email is fine) at least 48 hours before. Please email [email protected]
Otherwise, a cancellation fee of £60 plus VAT will be chargeable.
If you are using a package place to attend and do not inform us within the agreed time frame, then a place will be taken to cover your non-attendance.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.