Suitable for: All What does this mean?
The Social Housing White Paper, Hackitt Report and Building Safety Bill: What this means for resident engagement.
The Hackitt Report, Social Housing White Paper and Building Safety Bill are fundamental to the future of social housing. They set out the future framework and the way forward including the key principles and the priorities.
This session provides an opportunity for residents and staff to gain a shared understanding of the key issues coming from the Hackitt Report, and the Social Housing White Paper and Building Safety Bill. The session takes the themes that emerge from both and gives participants the opportunity to consider what this means for resident engagement. The session includes presentations and interactive discussion. It is based on co-production principles – facilitating engaged residents and staff to work together to develop a shared understanding of the issues and implications and agreeing and planning actions.
- Understand and consider the context and background leading up to the Grenfell Tower tragedy
- Learn about the Hackitt Review and Building Safety Bill – the findings, recommendations, proposed legislation and implications for social housing
- Be provided with an overview of the whole Social Housing White Paper and specifically focus on the resident engagement aspects of it
- Consider the implications of the Hackitt Report, Building Safety Bill and the Social Housing White Paper for resident engagement
- Identify action points for the way forward.
Who is this session geared to?
- Engaged residents
- Staff who support engaged residents
- Staff responsible for developing policy and procedure.
Michael Guest is a very well established and expert Chartered Housing Professional, and a specialist in resident engagement. He consistently receives excellent feedback on his training and has been described as having a relaxed, conversational yet highly professional approach. He has a Master’s Degree (with Distinction) in Housing Studies, which covered the outcomes for social housing from the Grenfell tragedy and he is fully up to speed with the Social Housing White Paper.
Price and booking
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Byte Size members do not qualify for member discounts. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Sorry, this event has already started and bookings are now disabled
By continuing with this booking you are agreeing to our booking terms and conditions
Cancellations and substitutions
If you are unable to attend an event or public training course, please let us know in writing (email is fine) at least 48 hours before. Please email [email protected]
Otherwise, a cancellation fee of £60 plus VAT will be chargeable.
If you are using a package place to attend and do not inform us within the agreed time frame, then a place will be taken to cover your non-attendance.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.