Suitable for: I What does this mean?
Get £50 off this training date when you enter the code #JUNE50 when booking.
The Social Housing White Paper, Hackitt Report and Building Safety Bill: What this means for resident engagement.
The Hackitt Report, Social Housing White Paper and Building Safety Bill are fundamental to the future of social housing. They set out the future framework and the way forward including the key principles and the priorities.
This session provides an opportunity for residents and staff to gain a shared understanding of the key issues coming from the Hackitt Report, and the Social Housing White Paper and Building Safety Bill. The session takes the themes that emerge from both and gives participants the opportunity to consider what this means for resident engagement. The session includes presentations and interactive discussion. It is based on co-production principles – facilitating engaged residents and staff to work together to develop a shared understanding of the issues and implications and agreeing and planning actions.
- Understand and consider the context and background leading up to the Grenfell Tower tragedy
- Learn about the Hackitt Review and Building Safety Bill – the findings, recommendations, proposed legislation and implications for social housing
- Be provided with an overview of the whole Social Housing White Paper and specifically focus on the resident engagement aspects of it
- Consider the implications of the Hackitt Report, Building Safety Bill and the Social Housing White Paper for resident engagement
- Identify action points for the way forward.
Who is this session geared to?
- Engaged residents
- Staff who support engaged residents
- Staff responsible for developing policy and procedure.
Michael Guest is a well-established and sought-after consultant and trainer in housing. His expertise and experience extends across the housing sector, with specialisms in Governance and Resident Engagement. He is known for his highly professional, yet relaxed and approachable working style that lends itself in particular to learning and development assignments. This is combined with working comfortably at political and governance levels, through executive, management and operational staff and with involved residents and communities.
After holding a number of senior management positions in housing, Michael has for the last 27 years been Director of Michael Guest Associates Ltd., providing consultancy and training to the sector. A key aspect of this work is as part of HQN programmes since its inception.
Michael is a Chartered Housing Professional, Chartered Management Consultant and Chartered Manager. A Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Housing he is a:
- Regular Chair of and Lead Assessor on its Direct Finals Professional Interview Panels
- Registered CIH Mentor for Senior Housing Professionals
- Member of the Housing Academy, including as a trainer and as an Housing and Property Management Apprentices’ Associate.
He is also a Fellow of the Institute of Leadership and Management, the Royal Society for Public Health, the Chartered Management Institute, the Institute of Consulting, was awarded an MSc. (with Merit) in Leadership and Management in 2017, an MSc. (with Distinction) in Housing Studies in 2020 and a Postgraduate Certificate in Corporate Governance (with Distinction) in 2020.
Outside of housing, Michael is a Chair of School Governors, Chair of the Board of a Learning Partnership company of schools and Company Secretary of a Leaseholders’ Company.
Price and booking
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Byte Size members do not qualify for member discounts. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Sorry, this event has already started and bookings are now disabled
By continuing with this booking you are agreeing to our booking terms and conditions
Cancellations and substitutions
If you are unable to attend an event or public training course, please let us know in writing (email is fine) at least 48 hours before. Please email [email protected]
Otherwise, a cancellation fee of £60 plus VAT will be chargeable.
If you are using a package place to attend and do not inform us within the agreed time frame, then a place will be taken to cover your non-attendance.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.