Suitable for: All What does this mean?
‘Confrontation’, ‘conflict’, ‘challenging behaviour’ – terms that stop people managers in their tracks because they are uncomfortable, destructive and stressful. This interactive workshop is focused on the skills to help managers feel and be more confident in tackling uncomfortable situations, view conflict as less of a threat and accept that at times, inevitably, human interactions go wrong.
This interactive session will provide a safe and constructive environment for discussions around how hard it is to manage difficult behaviour and conflict, and look at how practically applied tools and knowledge can improve situations significantly.
By attending this course, you will:
- Delve into what conflict and confrontation are really about
- Understand that you can influence others and their behaviour
- Learn about Covey’s Circles of Control, and how to use this model
- Learn about Transactional Analysis and how to apply this in your interactions
- Explore how feedback is a valuable tool for managing expectations and behaviour
- Understand how to diffuse conflict, fairly and constructively – using de-escalation
- Appreciate your strengths, and how you impact positively or negatively on others.
- Your profile, understanding your own reponses and building your resilience
- Conflict and confrontation – what’s behind it? How to recognise warning signs
- Practical application of theory: tools that work and improve your ability to deal with challenging behaviour
- Responding with confidence as a manager, what works and what doesn’t
- Emotional intelligence – your secret weapon
- Action planning for your development.
Who should attend?
Everyone who manages people.
Jo Carr works as an independent leadership and management coach, trainer and consultant in the health, social care and social housing sectors. Before 2013, Jo spent 25 years in management roles in social housing and the voluntary sector.
Jo is a lifelong learning qualified trainer, and an ILM qualified management and mentoring coach, and she also has a flair for bringing her learning and perspective from her background to help her clients find solutions for their pressure points.
Jo uses a flexible and eclectic mix of products and models in her work, from NLP to Situational leadership – with the focus on the client audience developing their ability through increased confidence and capacity. She is also an accredited Belbin team roles facilitator. Jo is a very skilled communicator, with an intuitive approach to working with her audience – and this is borne out in her range of delivery methods as a coach and trainer.
“Very interesting and thought provoking training. Gave a real insight into dealing with conflict resolution and different personality types.”Thanet District Council
“A very good course and well delivered, I will be putting what i have learnt today into practise straight away!”Mears
“A very interesting course which gave a range of relevant examples to assist with the learning.”Thanet District Council
Cancellations and substitutions
If you are unable to attend an event or public training course, please let us know in writing (email is fine) at least 48 hours before. Please email [email protected]
Otherwise, a cancellation fee of £60 plus VAT will be chargeable.
If you are using a package place to attend and do not inform us within the agreed time frame, then a place will be taken to cover your non-attendance.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.
Dates and prices
We can bring this course to you.
If you have five or more staff interested our in-house training offers great value for money.
Complete the form below and we’ll be in touch.