Suitable for: All What does this mean?
Do you want to take your knowledge up to the next level with Universal Credit?
If you have attended the Complete Works of UC or What You Need to Know Now course? This is the perfect next step for you.
Here’s the next step, UC in action. This session takes all that you have learned builds on it. It looks at the common problem areas of UC and the practical resolutions that staff can use when working with tenants on UC.
You will learn:
- Who’s missing out
- What to do about missing elements, wrong amounts, non-dependants
- What can be done about closed new claims and delays
- Problems for employees and how to deal with them (having no/reduced wages, getting back to work/starting work, late payment of wages)
- Problems for self-employed and how to deal with them (no income, SEISS lump sum payment, surplus earnings, PAYE earnings and reclaims)
- Work related requirements and sanctions and how to deal with them
- When a problem can be resolved by complaint, mandatory reconsideration, appeal or the Independent Case Examiner
- Overpayments and how to deal with them.
Who should attend?
Everyone who wants to develop their understanding and knowledge and take it to the next level.
Alison Markantonis is an experienced welfare benefits, financial capability and employment skills practitioner, who has worked successfully in the affordable housing and benefits sector for the last 27 years. She has worked with many housing and support organisations and brings her extensive experience to specialise in demystifying the benefits system, money management and employability skills training for both frontline staff and tenants. Her approach is participative and interactive, using case studies and her own experience to take the complex, and make it not only simple, but also applicable.
Price and booking
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Byte Size members do not qualify for member discounts. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Sorry, this event has already started and bookings are now disabled
By continuing with this booking you are agreeing to our booking terms and conditions