Suitable for: I What does this mean?
Get £50 off this training date when you enter the code #JUNE50 when booking.
Team leaders play a crucial role in organisations. It can also be a complex and challenging role, and this participative workshop will focus on the task of balancing the relationship between teams and management.
The team leader role requires tact, problem solving and talent management, all delivered in a confident and efficient manner.
This workshop takes a detailed look at what team leaders require in terms of skills, knowledge and personal abilities to be the best they can be. It also provides an opportunity to explore the ‘obstacles’ which could prevent team leaders performing to their full potential.
By attending this course team leaders will:
- Explore the value of role modelling positive workplace behaviours
- Enhance their range of communication skills, and knowledge of how to use them
- Focus on motivational and coaching style management techniques – getting the best from teams
- Find out how to self-audit, to appreciate their strengths and develop themselves
- Understand how to link objectives to performance.
Our one- or two-day refresher will equip your team leaders with practical tools and techniques they can put into practice immediately.
- Soft skills and hard skills – learning the best of development and technical theory for team leading
- Building team trust – tools and practical application
- Understanding performance management approaches
- Motivating and coaching methods and the value for a team leader.
Who should attend?
Team leaders and managers needing a boost or a skill refresh.
Jo Carr works as an independent leadership and management coach, trainer and consultant in the health, social care and social housing sectors. Before 2013, Jo spent 25 years in management roles in social housing and the voluntary sector.
Jo is a lifelong learning qualified trainer, and an ILM qualified management and mentoring coach, and she also has a flair for bringing her learning and perspective from her background to help her clients find solutions for their pressure points.
Jo uses a flexible and eclectic mix of products and models in her work, from NLP to Situational leadership – with the focus on the client audience developing their ability through increased confidence and capacity. She is also an accredited Belbin team roles facilitator. Jo is a very skilled communicator, with an intuitive approach to working with her audience – and this is borne out in her range of delivery methods as a coach and trainer.
Price and booking
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Byte Size members do not qualify for member discounts. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Sorry, this event has already started and bookings are now disabled
By continuing with this booking you are agreeing to our booking terms and conditions
Cancellations and substitutions
If you are unable to attend an event or public training course, please let us know in writing (email is fine) at least 48 hours before. Please email [email protected]
Otherwise, a cancellation fee of £60 plus VAT will be chargeable.
If you are using a package place to attend and do not inform us within the agreed time frame, then a place will be taken to cover your non-attendance.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.