Suitable for: All What does this mean?
There are now around 320,000 shared ownership properties in management in the UK – up from 200,000. And the number is growing: the Housing Revenue borrowing cap has been lifted for local authorities; opportunities for development are now a real possibility, and that is likely to include shared ownership and more and more housing associations are entering the shared ownership market too.
Various schemes operate around the country, with a mixed reputation and differing levels of success. Make sure you’re fully up to speed with the latest best practice. This virtual course – delivered over Zoom on two consecutive mornings (9.30am to 1.00pm) – will cover everything you need to know from getting a scheme off the ground, marketing and selling properties effectively and day to day management. Homes England has recently launched a new model shared ownership lease that is fundamentally different from previous models. This training will cover how you need to adjust your services to meet the requirements of the new lease.
Day 1 – Shared ownership (background to SO, development and sales)
- Day one will focus on the development, marketing and sale of shared ownership homes.
Day 2 – Shared ownership (management)
- Day two will centre on the day-to-day management.
Learn the lessons from the past and keep abreast with all the changes.
Who should attend?
Ideal for everyone involved in shared ownership – both as a refresher and for anyone new to this tenure.
The course will cover
- The expectations of Homes England (the Government’s funding authority) in developing and selling shared ownership properties
- How best to work with Help to Buy Agents (formerly known as Homebuy agents)
- Good practice and requirements – marketing and selling shared ownership properties
- How shared ownership leases differ from other leases in management – specifically rent review, assignments (re-sales), staircasing, income recovery, re-mortgages
- The Homes England new model shared ownership lease – how it differs from previous shared ownership leases and how you will need to adapt your services to shared owners to accommodate the requirements of the lease.
This online workshop is delivered via Zoom, over two mornings.
The timings for each day are 10.00am to 1.00pm
Helen Muir has extensive experience in the housing sector having worked in senior roles for two large housing groups, where her responsibilities included sales programme delivery and the management of over 5,000 shared ownership/leasehold homes, as well as leading on anti money laundering process and procedure.
Helen has worked as a trainer and consultant since 2012 specialising in affordable home ownership, leasehold management, Right to Buy and anti money laundering. She has provided interim management and strategic and operational support to a number of registered providers, local authorities and private sector companies and is HQN’s lead on anti money laundering.
Cancellations and substitutions
If you are unable to attend an event or public training course, please let us know in writing (email is fine) at least 48 hours before. Please email [email protected]
Otherwise, a cancellation fee of £60 plus VAT will be chargeable.
If you are using a package place to attend and do not inform us within the agreed time frame, then a place will be taken to cover your non-attendance.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.
Dates and prices
We can bring this course to you.
If you have five or more staff interested our in-house training offers great value for money.
Complete the form below and we’ll be in touch.