Suitable for: All What does this mean?
Neuro – refers to the mind and how we think.
Linguistic – relates to communication and programming. Put simply – the way we collect, store and process information that we get from our 5 senses.
Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) is a powerful set of techniques that model human excellence and aim to teach people to be the best they can be in any situation:
- Teaching someone how to be confident for a presentation, or
- improving existing skills, such as rapport and communication.
This course provides an overview of NLP and explores key techniques that can be applied in a variety of situations.
- Explore the key aspects of NLP ‘Neuro’, ‘Linguistic’, and ‘Programming’ and the evidence base that shows it works.
- Learn about and apply NLP techniques that will help identify, challenge and then replace negative thinking and behaviour in ourselves and others, help set and achieve goals
- Understand how NLP can change problem thinking and behaviour. And increase confidence and motivation
- Understand key NLP terms – neurological levels, primary and reference systems, Meta programme, matching vs mismatching, the Milton model, framing, anchoring and the timeline technique.
Who will benefit from this course?
Everyone. All staff and managers across all departments and at all levels.
Danny McGowan BSC, MSC has been involved in supporting people with substance misuse, mental health and other complex needs for over 20 years. He has developed experience in many specialist areas, such as working with hoarders and those with a dual diagnosis and has delivered training in techniques such as motivational interviewing and CBT. He has been delivering training for the housing sector for over a decade and has many years’ experience of developing client/customer involvement and peer mentoring schemes.
Danny uses a combination of his years of experience, current good practice guidelines and research evidence to deliver the topics he trains. He uses a holistic interactive training style that provides delegates with real skills and information, which they are then able to apply back in the workplace and beyond. He has delivered training and provided consultancy to numerous organisations during his career. Notable clients include the Department of Health, Department of Work and Pensions and the Home Office as well as housing organisations across the UK.
We can bring this course to you.
If you have five or more staff interested our in-house training offers great value for money.
Complete the form below and we’ll be in touch.