Suitable for: All What does this mean?
Your first management role is highly likely to be a major shift in responsibility. You have an opportunity to set the tone for your new team, set out your intentions as a manager and show how you will be successful. You may also be daunted and overwhelmed by the range of tasks you have to quickly become familiar with, and the breadth of what’s expected of you as a manager of people. If you have been internally promoted, there will potentially be another set of challenges to face and overcome.
Spending time on your professional development as a manager at the beginning of your management career will pay huge dividends, and this participative and thought provoking workshop will explore themes on becoming a manager, and help guide you to develop lasting strategies for success.
By attending this course, you will:
- Be able to develop a roadmap to help you focus on how to be successful in your new role
- Work out what your opportunities and challenges are as a new manager
- Understand what your leadership style is, and explore the concept of situational leadership
- Understand the importance of developing your team
- Develop the skills, knowledge and abilities to be a successful manager.
- Key management and leadership skills, which ones to develop and learn
- Characteristics of highly performing teams – how to create yours
- Problem solving and decision making, tools and concepts
- How to plan and allocate work
- Action planning for continuing professional development in management skills.
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for aspiring or new managers.
Jo Carr is a trainer, coach and development consultant with a 25 year career in leadership, management and staff development. Jo currently works with clients in the private and public sectors and has experience in social housing as both a senior leader and project manager. Jo’s specialism is behavioural change utilising a creative and adaptive approach. She uses her skills as an ILM coach and lifelong learning specialist to create and deliver stimulating and effective learning products.
Price and booking
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Byte Size members do not qualify for member discounts. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Sorry, this event has already started and bookings are now disabled
By continuing with this booking you are agreeing to our booking terms and conditions
Cancellations and substitutions
If you are unable to attend an event or public training course, please let us know in writing (email is fine) at least 48 hours before. Please email [email protected]
Otherwise, a cancellation fee of £60 plus VAT will be chargeable.
If you are using a package place to attend and do not inform us within the agreed time frame, then a place will be taken to cover your non-attendance.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.
Dates and prices
We can bring this course to you.
If you have five or more staff interested our in-house training offers great value for money.
Complete the form below and we’ll be in touch.