Suitable for: All What does this mean?
Life coaching combines coaching/training and techniques usually only used in therapy to help a person or group set and achieve their goals.
The ‘life’ element highlights the holistic nature – techniques which can be applied to any aspect of a persons’ life and can be used at any time and in any situation.
- Explore and understand what life coaching is and how it can be used
- Understand how to develop, refine and measure effective outcomes and goals for yourself, your team or customers
- Understand the link between thoughts and behaviour and how by addressing problematic thoughts we can change problem behaviour
- Understand modelling and how to model others.
- Improve communication and negotiating skills
- Learn about and be able to apply various strategies for difficult or challenging situations – from an important presentation to dealing with an angry customer during a home visit
- Understand surface needs vs. driving needs
- Understand and be able to use a variety of coaching models, tools and techniques that can be used to increase confidence, develop motivation and improve life skills.
Who will benefit from this course?
Everyone regardless of their day job or level from managers to frontline staff.
Danny McGowan BSC, MSC has been involved in supporting people with substance misuse, mental health and other complex needs for over 20 years. He has developed experience in many specialist areas, such as working with hoarders and those with a dual diagnosis and has delivered training in techniques such as motivational interviewing and CBT. He has been delivering training for the housing sector for over a decade and has many years’ experience of developing client/customer involvement and peer mentoring schemes.
Danny uses a combination of his years of experience, current good practice guidelines and research evidence to deliver the topics he trains. He uses a holistic interactive training style that provides delegates with real skills and information, which they are then able to apply back in the workplace and beyond. He has delivered training and provided consultancy to numerous organisations during his career. Notable clients include the Department of Health, Department of Work and Pensions and the Home Office as well as housing organisations across the UK.
We can bring this course to you.
If you have five or more staff interested our in-house training offers great value for money.
Complete the form below and we’ll be in touch.