The Social Housing White Paper was published in November 2020. The government is re-designing regulation in England with a renewed focus on addressing the concerns of residents living in the sector. The associated legislation will be presented to Parliament ‘as soon as possible’ according to Ministers.
But a lot has happened on consumer regulation in the meantime.
This workshop revisits the key proposals in the White Paper.
- The re-booting of consumer regulation
- The new focus on safety – particularly building safety
- The return of performance measurement – how will tenant satisfaction measures differ from old style performance indicators?
- Dealing with complaints – a key element of the new regulatory framework
- Tenant engagement – forging a new relationship with service users
- Decent Homes ‘Plus’ – what will the proposed review mean for providers?
- Professionalisation review
- Professionalisation Review.
Then there is a focus on developments on consumer regulation since the autumn of 2020 such as:
- ‘Reshaping consumer regulation: Our principles and approach’ – RSH consultation 2021
- ‘Consultation on the introduction of Tenant Satisfaction Measures’ – RSH consultation December 2021
- The ongoing Select Committee Inquiry into social housing regulation.
Roger Jarman, HQN associate, trainer and author of HQN’s toolkit on the Social Housing White Paper will take you through everything you need to know and ensure you have the latest, up to date information.
Who should attend?
This workshop is essential for everyone responsible for compliance with legislation and regulation including governance staff, board members and executive teams as well as operational managers and involved residents.
If you are interested in an in-house session for a wider group of people we can tailor and design the workshop to meet your specific circumstances and requirements.
Roger is a long-standing associate and HQN trainer.
Roger’s career in housing spans over 40 years. He has worked as an academic, in local government and for a range of central agencies. In the 1990s he was Head of Housing Management at the Housing Corporation. From 1999 to 2011 Roger worked at the Audit Commission where he was Head of Housing. He now works as a housing consultant and trainer. His clients have included Central Government Departments and a wide range of housing organisations. He is a well respected commentator on housing issues and has written extensively for HQN and others on housing policy, housing regulation, the private rented sector and related subjects. He has experience as a Non Executive Director of different housing providers. He is the author of HQN’s Toolkit on the Social Housing White Paper.
Price and booking
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Byte Size members do not qualify for member discounts. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Bookings are closed for this event.
If you experience any issues when submitting your booking, please email [email protected] with the name and date of the session along with the delegate name(s), email address(es) and job title(s) and we’ll process the booking for you.
Cancellations and substitutions
If you are unable to attend an event or public training course, please let us know in writing (email is fine) at least 48 hours before. Please email [email protected]
Otherwise, a cancellation fee of £60 plus VAT will be chargeable.
If you are using a package place to attend and do not inform us within the agreed time frame, then a place will be taken to cover your non-attendance.
Cancellations must be made in writing