Suitable for: IA What does this mean?
Get £50 off this training date when you enter the code #JUNE50 when booking.
Middle and senior managers rarely attend Housing Law training – apart from short conference workshops. But their knowledge is often dated, maybe based on sector myths and/or they too quickly ask their chosen retained lawyers. Case law is replete with examples of where this approach is found expensively wanting.
This training/workshop will provide such staff with real up-to-date knowledge or statute and case law and the opportunity with others to unravel complex real cases.
You will learn
- How the Localism Act 2011 and Housing & Planning Act 2016 are impacting, especially fixed term tenancies
- Choice Based Lettings and recent homelessness case law should have changed policy and procedure and practice
- The Homelessness Reduction Act 2017
- Other law having an impact ie Equality Act 2010
- Where other agencies have legal duties
- Other recent case law with implications for housing management ie succession, joint to sole tenancies etc
- How to respond to potential legal challenges.
Who should attend?
Strategic and operational middle and senior managers across sections dealing with all of the above, including:
- Policy and procedure staff and those in strategy formation
- Housing and tenancy enforcement managers
- Homelessness and allocations/lettings managers
- Supported housing commissioners and providers
- Managers from partner agencies whose remit crosses into social housing.
Richard Paris has an MA from Queens’ College, Cambridge and a post-graduate Diploma in Housing from LSE. From 1991-93 he was senior research officer at LSE Housing, and has worked for short-life and supported housing agencies, mainstream housing associations and local authorities. He is a freelance housing law specialist with 20 years’ training and development experience undertaking educational training, consultancy, policy and procedure health checks. He specialises in housing law updates, dealing with anti-social behaviour effectively, preventing and controlling rent arrears, do-it-yourself possession proceedings, the law in supported housing and the law on disrepair and best practice.
Price and booking
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Byte Size members do not qualify for member discounts. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Bookings are closed for this event.
If you experience any issues when submitting your booking, please email [email protected] with the name and date of the session along with the delegate name(s), email address(es) and job title(s) and we’ll process the booking for you.
Cancellations and substitutions
If you are unable to attend an event or public training course, please let us know in writing (email is fine) at least 48 hours before. Please email [email protected]
Otherwise, a cancellation fee of £60 plus VAT will be chargeable.
If you are using a package place to attend and do not inform us within the agreed time frame, then a place will be taken to cover your non-attendance.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.