Suitable for: All What does this mean?
Getting your Equality Impact Assessments right has never been more important. Gain the knowledge and get the support you need at this virtual workshop.
Equality Impact Assessments (EqIAs) are an important tool in assessing policies, projects and decisions, to ensure that they are accessible to all people, such as employees or tenants and customers.
They are thus a vital aid to improving equality, diversity and inclusion practice for housing organisations.
This course is designed to give you a practical walkthrough on how to carry out an EqIAS. It is intended that delegates will go away with the knowledge and confidence to start carrying out EqIAs in their organisation.
You will learn:
- The background and legal basis to Equality Impact Assessments
- When to carry out EqIAs, who to involve and what to assess
- How to work through all the stages of carrying out an Equality Impact Assessment
- Planning what information you need
- Collecting information
- Analysing the information and assessing the policy’s impact
- Making a decision about how to move forward
- Drawing up an action plan
- Top tips.
Who should attend:
This is essential for anyone leading or involved in undertaking an equality impact assessment:
- Managers and directors from all departments
- Human resources
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
- Business management
- Chief executives
- Rent income and arrears
- Resident involvement and scrutiny
Colin Heyman has worked in the field of both Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI), and Leadership, for over 25 years, and is the Lead Facilitator for HQN’s EDI network. He’s worked with a lot of different organisations, for example Housing Associations, Local Authorities, arts organisations, Universities, the third sector, and small private companies.
Although not a housing expert, Colin has worked with a lot of different associations over the years so has an understanding of the sector. His wide EDI expertise and external perspective can help you to move forward in your EDI practice.
“It was really good, a great mix of smaller group working and listening to the presenter. Great examples too.”
“It was really informative and Colin is such a knowledgeable trainer.”
“I really enjoyed the structure of the course and the breakout sessions mixing it up and getting to meet others and hear their opinions, views, ideas etc.”
Price and booking
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Byte Size members do not qualify for member discounts. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Sorry, this event has already started and bookings are now disabled
By continuing with this booking you are agreeing to our booking terms and conditions
Cancellations and substitutions
If you are unable to attend an event or public training course, please let us know in writing (email is fine) at least 48 hours before. Please email [email protected]
Otherwise, a cancellation fee of £60 plus VAT will be chargeable.
If you are using a package place to attend and do not inform us within the agreed time frame, then a place will be taken to cover your non-attendance.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.