Building on our first EWS1 form masterclass, this time we focus on leaseholder engagement, service charges and the Section 20 process.
The EWS1 form was introduced by the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors as a response to lenders seeking assurance on the safety of external wall systems as a condition of approving mortgage applications for ‘high-rise’ buildings over 18 meters.
But, despite the best of intentions, the EWS1 form has created more uncertainty (and potentially cost) for all parties involved and due to the changing definition of properties that fall under its remit, the situation has become more complex and lacked clarity.
Since the EWS1 form was introduced in November 2019, the government have been forced to intervene on a number of occasions to provide additional guidance, and some funding, to address the issues. It has resulted in an ever-changing situation that remains without a satisfactory resolution.
For this second virtual masterclass, HQN is again teaming up with EWS1 form expert Neave Maguire who will use the session to focus on leaseholder engagement and the Section 20 process while also bringing delegates up to date with the latest guidance and best practice. She is also happy to answer questions on specific issues and situations.
The session will cover:
- All you need to know about EWS1 forms and leaseholder engagement
- The tricky issue of service charges
- The Section 20 process.
Who should attend?
- Chief executives, boards and executives of registered providers
- Leasehold and shared ownership teams
- Building safety teams
- Development teams
- Anyone involved in block management.
- Neave Maguire, Associate, Norton Rose Fulbright
- Deepa Mistry, Shared Owner
- Scott Edwards, Contract Manager (Development), Islington and Shoreditch Housing Association.
Price and booking
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Byte Size members do not qualify for member discounts. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Bookings are closed for this event.
If you experience any issues when submitting your booking, please email [email protected] with the name and date of the session along with the delegate name(s), email address(es) and job title(s) and we’ll process the booking for you.
Cancellations and substitutions
If you are unable to attend an event or public training course, please let us know in writing (email is fine) at least 48 hours before. Please email [email protected]
Otherwise, a cancellation fee of £60 plus VAT will be chargeable.
If you are using a package place to attend and do not inform us within the agreed time frame, then a place will be taken to cover your non-attendance.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.