Suitable for: All What does this mean?
Tenant Satisfaction Measures, (TSMs) came into force on 1 April 2023. The Regulator of Social Housing, (RSH), has made it clear that preparations should be well underway.
“Local authorities and housing associations now need to make sure they have the systems and processes in place to start collecting data from April 2023.”
And, with the return of proactive consumer regulation, the RSH has emphasised the importance of capturing meaningful feedback from all tenants, with the ‘silent majority’ highlighted as a key priority.
This course provides you with the basics – everything you need to know about the TSMs.
The course covers:
- Why the TSMs have been introduced and their purpose – the background and the context
- What the TSMs are – the 22 measures
- The key priorities that landlords should be working on now – including:
- Data management
- TSM dashboards and
- Strategies to engage with all tenants, including ‘the silent majority’.
What you will learn?
- The background to the introduction of TSMs
- The specific measures required
- The importance of creating and maintaining a positive listening culture and how to achieve this
- Approaches to sharing data with tenants and enabling it to influence the business
- Approaches to effective resident engagement.
Who should attend?
This is essential information for everyone working within the housing sector:
- Staff at all levels working in housing associations, local authorities and ALMOs
- Board members
- Involved residents.
Michael Guest is a well-established and sought-after consultant and trainer in housing. His expertise and experience extend across the housing sector, with specialisms in Governance, Housing Management, Change in the Sector and Resident Engagement.
He is known for his highly professional, yet relaxed and approachable working style that lends itself to learning and development assignments. This is combined with working comfortably at political and governance levels, through executive, management, and operational staff and with involved residents and communities.
After holding a number of senior management positions in housing, Michael has for the last 27 28 years been Director of Michael Guest Associates Ltd., providing consultancy and training to the sector. A key aspect of this work is as part of HQN programmes since its inception.
Michael is a Chartered Housing Professional, Chartered Management Consultant, and a Chartered Manager. A Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Housing he is a:
- Regular Chair of and Lead Assessor on its Experienced Professional Route Professional Interview Panels for Chartered Membership
- Member of the Executive Route Professional Interview Panel for Chartered Membership
- Registered CIH Mentor for Senior Housing Professionals
- Member of the CIH Housing Academy.
He is also a Fellow of the Institute of Leadership and Management, the Royal Society for Public Health, the Chartered Management Institute, the Institute of Consulting, was awarded an MSc. (with Merit) in Leadership and Management in 2017, an MSc. (with Distinction) in Housing Studies in 2020 and a Postgraduate Certificate in Corporate Governance (with Distinction) in 2020.
Outside of housing, Michael is a Chair of School Governors, Chair of the Board of a Learning Partnership company of schools, Chair of a Leaseholders’ Company, and Vice Chair of an Institute of Advanced Motorists local group.
Cancellations and substitutions
If you are unable to attend an event or public training course, please let us know in writing (email is fine) at least 48 hours before. Please email [email protected] Otherwise, a cancellation fee of £60 plus VAT will be chargeable. If you are using a package place to attend and do not inform us within the agreed time frame, then a place will be taken to cover your non-attendance. Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.
We can bring this course to you.
If you have five or more staff interested our in-house training offers great value for money.
Complete the form below and we’ll be in touch.
We can bring this course to you.
If you have five or more staff interested for this course date, our in-house training offers great value for money. All you need to do is click the in-house tab and drop us a message.