Suitable for: R What does this mean?
This revised and updated condensation, damp and mould workshop builds on the enthusiastically received format previously delivered both in-house and at public training events across the length and breadth of the UK.
Revisiting existing understanding, dispelling myths and questioning existing generic, outdated and inappropriate advice often given to interested parties in the light of recent improvements to housing stock, the course provides delegates with an effective understanding of the causes, symptoms and cures associated with condensation, damp and mould in the light of impacting legislation, etc.
What will you learn?
- An understanding of the causes, symptoms and cures associated with condensation, damp and mould
- Requisite impacting legislation and the implications of failure
- Rising damp – truth or myth?
- The diverse range of detection tools available such as moisture, carbide and capacitance meters, borescopes, hygrometer sticks and humidity boxes, etc
- Strategies for the effective removal/reduction of damp and mould problems
- How to communicate sound knowledge-based principles to affected parties
- How to protect parties’ interests and implement effective procedural guidance to combat failure.
The training is lively, practical and interactive and, most importantly, in tune with the increasing demands being placed on housing organisations and their technical and housing officers in meeting the challenges presented by this resource-draining aspect of their work.
Who will benefit?
Housing officers, maintenance and technical officers, property inspectors, home visitors, estate-based staff such as caretakers and neighbourhood officers, together with all customer-facing teams and their team leaders.
Wayne Anderson is an expert lecturer, national conference speaker, chartered surveyor, arbitrator and consultant. His training sessions are lively, colourful and interactive and are based on extensive experience gained over 25 years with best practice organisations involved in the housing repairs and maintenance sector. Wayne has a reputation for simplifying complex issues and encouraging frontline staff to develop a deeper understanding of maintenance issues that can be applied confidently on a day-to-day basis.
Price and booking
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Byte Size members do not qualify for member discounts. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Sorry, this event has already started and bookings are now disabled
By continuing with this booking you are agreeing to our booking terms and conditions
Cancellations and substitutions
If you are unable to attend an event or public training course, please let us know in writing (email is fine) at least 48 hours before. Please email [email protected]
Otherwise, a cancellation fee of £60 plus VAT will be chargeable.
If you are using a package place to attend and do not inform us within the agreed time frame, then a place will be taken to cover your non-attendance.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.
Dates and prices
We can bring this course to you.
If you have five or more staff interested our in-house training offers great value for money.
Complete the form below and we’ll be in touch.