Suitable for: R What does this mean?
(incorporating Health and Safety issues – fire safety in particular)
It’s vital that communal areas are safe and secure – for residents, contractors and the public. Very often this rests with non-technical staff who are tasked with carrying out inspections. This one day course provides guidance and essential advice on how to carry out inspections effectively, with a focus on fire safety and health and safety issues.
Delegates will learn about what to check and how to check in order to ensure compliance with legislation. You will also learn how to identify and diagnose common defects and spot potential problems.
Aims and objectives
- Understand the importance and benefits of estate inspections
- Be aware of landlord obligations and legislation
- Know the role of the housing officer and how they fit in to the organisations policies and procedures
- Be able to effectively prepare for an inspection
- Understand the importance of an Inspection routine
- Confidently diagnose common defects and potential problems
- Identify health and safety risks to maintain safer neighbourhoods
- Develop effective reporting, feedback and monitoring.
Nancy Witham has more than 30 years experience within the Social Housing Sector. She delivers innovative, engaging interactive training to operational staff in Repairs & Maintenance, Neighbourhood, Customer Service and Business IT systems. Nancy’s style of training makes learning enjoyable and relevant and her training programmes receive consistently excellent feedback.
“I found all aspects of the course useful, it has added to my knowledge.”Red Kite Community Housing
“Although I have done my job role for nearly 10 years I found the style of teaching especially on internal checks to be most relevant. I am going to highly recommend this course.”Catalyst Housing Group Ltd
“Nancy was brilliant at explaining all content of the course and gave enough time for attendees to participate and share their own experiences”Industrial Dwellings Society (1885)
Price and booking
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Byte Size members do not qualify for member discounts. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Sorry, this event has already started and bookings are now disabled
By continuing with this booking you are agreeing to our booking terms and conditions
Cancellations and substitutions
If you are unable to attend an event or public training course, please let us know in writing (email is fine) at least 48 hours before. Please email [email protected]
Otherwise, a cancellation fee of £60 plus VAT will be chargeable.
If you are using a package place to attend and do not inform us within the agreed time frame, then a place will be taken to cover your non-attendance.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.
Dates and prices
We can bring this course to you.
If you have five or more staff interested our in-house training offers great value for money.
Complete the form below and we’ll be in touch.