Suitable for: All What does this mean?
How much of your working week do you spend in meetings? Ever wondered how much it costs? Meetings that lack direction, purpose and structure are all too common. They drain time, money and energy. Make a bold stand. Resolve to run productive, engaging, focused meetings with excellent group dynamics and decision making.
This practical half-day workshop will help you to prepare for and chair professional, well-structured meetings and facilitate inclusive group discussions that steer everyone towards a positive outcome.
- Identify the purpose of your meeting and the role of attendees
- Prepare and structure the meeting to allow time for debate and to reach outcomes for each agenda item
- Encourage positive behaviours within the group and develop strategies for managing destructive contributions
- Explore a range of facilitation techniques to generate ideas and decision making
- Conclude meetings with clear agreed actions and responsibilities
- Manage a professional meeting in a virtual environment.
Who should attend?
Anyone who is responsible for chairing meetings or facilitating group discussions with positive outcomes.
- Determining the vibe and the verb of your meeting
- The role of chair/facilitator – expert or enabler?
- Creating an itemised meaningful agenda
- Establishing ways of working and acceptable meetings behaviours
- Managing attendees – Participant, Prisoner, Passenger, and Protester
- The 10 pitfalls to avoid
- Maximising input and attention
- Strategies for dealing with negative, unhelpful behaviours
- Facilitation techniques – how to generate ideas and get buy-in to decision making
- How to run a great virtual meeting – lights, camera, action.
Sue Waterall is a member of the Chartered Management Institute and an accredited StrengthsScope Practitioner, with a CIPD Certificate in Training Practice. She is a skilled trainer and facilitator, with significant experience in the social housing sector. Passionate about personal and team development, Sue uses her energy to create a positive, stimulating learning environment where everyone is included and best practice is shared.
Cancellations and substitutions
If you are unable to attend an event or public training course, please let us know in writing (email is fine) at least 48 hours before. Please email [email protected] Otherwise, a cancellation fee of £60 plus VAT will be chargeable. If you are using a package place to attend and do not inform us within the agreed time frame, then a place will be taken to cover your non-attendance. Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.