Suitable for: All What does this mean?
Getting your messages across through storytelling.
Storytelling is a great way of engaging with people and getting your key messages across. It’s an effective way of attracting interest and making things real.
By applying storytelling techniques you can enhance your reports, presentations and meetings. You can transform the way people think and feel about your work as well as build trust and amplify messages.
It can be used in many different situations – meetings with colleagues, engaging with residents, presenting to boards, producing reports (including annual reports). And can be applied across all service areas.
Utilising skills honed in newsrooms from major newspapers to the BBC, this course will teach you how to identify and structure stories that will build trust with the audiences you want to engage.
It’s a practical session with time to try out techniques.
What will delegates learn?
By the end of this you will be able to:
- Understand how to identify an engaging story within your work
- How to structure a story so it applies to your work and will best engage your audience
- Understand how to interview
- Understand fundamental safeguarding and legal risks and how to provide balance and fairness
- Understand audience behaviours and social media opportunities / risks.
What’s a story?
- Understand how to identify a story, what makes stories engaging and relatable to audiences and how universal themes can make your content travel to a big audience
How to structure a story
- How do you structure your story to catch and keep your audience’s attention? How do you make your key messages resonate to change the way people think and feel? The power of editing to elevate and enrich your work.
- Identifying the best messenger, writing an authentic script / questions to showcase key messages, preparing yourself and your contributor and the importance of accuracy
Balance, fairness and the law
- How to be fair to the contributor and yourself, what is balance and why is it needed? The difference between opinion and editorial responsibility, fundamental safeguarding and legal skills
- The opportunities and risks of social media, the difference between your platform and 3rd party platforms, are you ready to engage?
Who should attend?
Anyone at any level who needs to communicate their or their team’s work. Its particularly relevant to those who deliver presentations or public speaking, those who need to engage residents, service users, board members, other departments or teams they manage.
Tom Palmer has worked as a senior editor and project manager for 15 years, managing projects with a wide variety of OCM clients including local authorities, major businesses, start up enterprises and charities.
Tom has led BBC digital teams in the UK and in East Africa, delivering significant audience growth on website and social platforms. For BBC South West he led an editorial team of more than 80 journalists and staff covering the pandemic on TV and online.
Tom has a passion for housing and social issues and throughout his career and has looked to tell stories which focus on solutions to challenges and showcase positive change.
Price and booking
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Byte Size members do not qualify for member discounts. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Bookings are closed for this event.
If you experience any issues when submitting your booking, please email [email protected] with the name and date of the session along with the delegate name(s), email address(es) and job title(s) and we’ll process the booking for you.
Cancellations and substitutions
If you are unable to attend an event or public training course, please let us know in writing (email is fine) at least 48 hours before. Please email [email protected]
Otherwise, a cancellation fee of £60 plus VAT will be chargeable.
If you are using a package place to attend and do not inform us within the agreed time frame, then a place will be taken to cover your non-attendance.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.