Suitable for: All What does this mean?
The Social Housing White Paper puts tenants at the heart of our services. Getting the experience right saves the organisation and the customer time, money and effort.
Understanding the different journeys that customers take is an incredibly powerful technique to see and improve the customer experience.
Knowing how to map the customer journey and spot the little changes that can make an enormous difference is vital – that’s why we’re running a journey mapping workshop.
Our facilitator Nigel Greenwood has 30 years’ experience in journey mapping both as a practitioner and a trainer. He has run workshops worldwide and had three books published on the customer experience.
The added bonus – Nigel is new to the social housing sector and approaches this training with fresh eyes. In his words:
“When mapping your customer journey, you need to see the organisation as a customer or user does – and that means knowing as little about the sector or organisation as a customer would. Journey mapping is a great technique, but the real secret is in knowing what questions to ask. What seems obvious to an employee may not be to a user or customer”
This interactive workshop will:
- Explain the six principles of great customer experience and how they fit into customer journeys
- Demonstrate a simple technique for creating a customer journey map
- Explain the necessary questions and techniques to really look through the customers’ eyes
- Get you mapping your customer journeys so you can practice and get feedback and help on the day.
Nigel will ask the questions the sector has forgotten about and will challenge our assumptions and ways of working. Be prepared to rethink and refresh your approach.
Who should attend?
This training is essential for everyone – staff, team leaders and managers – with responsibility for reviewing, or have an interest in, service improvement, particularly those who want to improve services based on a tenant centred approach. It is really useful for staff and managers involved in tenant engagement and scrutiny. It assumes little or no previous knowledge of customer journey mapping so is ideal for anyone wanting a basic introduction.
Nigel Greenwood is a former Head of Channel Management and Head of Customer Loyalty for HBOS PLC. He has mapped customer journeys and improved customer experience for 28 years.
After 27 years working in large corporates, Nigel launched Simply Customer in 2014 as a customer experience consultancy. Examples of the impact his work has had include:
- 100% immediate improvement in lead to sale conversion
- 80% improvement in customer retention within 12 months
- 67% improvement in conversion of quotation issued to sale
- 800% increase in sale of monthly retainer with quotation
- 63% improvement in customer retention within three months
- 30% increase in sales for a large corporate.
He is an international speaker, with three books published on customer experience and journey mapping as well as two e-learning courses available on Udemy.
Price and booking
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Byte Size members do not qualify for member discounts. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Sorry, this event has already started and bookings are now disabled
By continuing with this booking you are agreeing to our booking terms and conditions
Cancellations and substitutions
If you are unable to attend an event or public training course, please let us know in writing (email is fine) at least 48 hours before. Please email [email protected]
Otherwise, a cancellation fee of £60 plus VAT will be chargeable.
If you are using a package place to attend and do not inform us within the agreed time frame, then a place will be taken to cover your non-attendance.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.
Dates and prices
We can bring this course to you.
If you have five or more staff interested our in-house training offers great value for money.
Complete the form below and we’ll be in touch.