Suitable for: R What does this mean?
Are you new to the field of housing and wondering what your job will involve? Have you been a housing officer for a while and would like to know that you are dealing with tenancy management issues effectively? If so, then this is the course for you!
Housing officers have a challenging role, dealing with different issues every day. This course is your survival manual for making sure you are confident that you are supporting your tenants when you should and using enforcement when it is necessary.
What will delegates learn?
- How to effectively deal with tenancy management issues
- Practical skills to support tenants who need help in managing their tenancy
- Techniques to investigate tenancy issues
- Confidence that when enforcement is necessary, you will have done all you can.
This course will cover:
- Real issues faced by housing officers
- Provide real solutions to help you carry out your jobUntidy gardens
- Abandoned vehicles
- How to tackle no access cases
- Changes to the tenancy agreement – joint to sole and sole to joint
- How to deal with abandonment
- When to support and when to enforce
- Practical advice
- Case studies to practice real scenarios.
Who should attend?
Housing officers who are new to the role in either a housing association or council and those who want more confidence tackling tenancy management issues in a social housing context.
Mel Cant became a Barrister in July 2000 and both prior to and since that time has worked within the housing sector to improve services to the public and providers by providing leadership, practical advice, training, support and guidance in the public, private and voluntary sectors. Mel’s “can do” attitude along with her passion for ensuring equality and fairness for all through outstanding customer service and providing practical solutions has made her a “go to” person within social housing.
Price and booking
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Byte Size members do not qualify for member discounts. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Sorry, this event has already started and bookings are now disabled
By continuing with this booking you are agreeing to our booking terms and conditions
Cancellations and substitutions
If you are unable to attend an event or public training course, please let us know in writing (email is fine) at least 48 hours before. Please email [email protected]
Otherwise, a cancellation fee of £60 plus VAT will be chargeable.
If you are using a package place to attend and do not inform us within the agreed time frame, then a place will be taken to cover your non-attendance.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.
Dates and prices
We can bring this course to you.
If you have five or more staff interested our in-house training offers great value for money.
Complete the form below and we’ll be in touch.