Suitable for: All What does this mean?
We all experience stress as individuals, teams and organisations. It affects both customers and staff. We all react to it differently.
Work based stress can impact negatively on performance and can lead to health issues.
Customers’ lifestyles can already be stressful, exacerbated by financial, health and housing problems.
Learn the skills you need to identify, prevent and reduce stress in ourselves, colleagues and customers.
- Understand what stress is and how it can be measured
- Learn about the signs of stress in the workplace and in other situations
- Explore the concept of background stress and the ‘bucket of stress’ analogy
- Explore applicable psychological models and techniques that can help define and address stress
- Learn how to plan for and prevent stress before it can develop
- Be given tools to reduce stress through communication techniques including verbal and non-verbal methods
- Understand how relaxation and mindfulness techniques can be applied to reduce stress
- Learn how to use recognised anger management techniques
- Understand additional treatment or management options if stress develops to problem levels with staff or customers.
Who will benefit?
Everyone. Managers and frontline staff regardless of where you work or at what level.
Danny McGowan BSC, MSC has been involved in supporting people with substance misuse, mental health and other complex needs for over 20 years. He has developed experience in many specialist areas, such as working with hoarders and those with a dual diagnosis and has delivered training in techniques such as motivational interviewing and CBT. He has been delivering training for the housing sector for over a decade and has many years’ experience of developing client/customer involvement and peer mentoring schemes.
Danny uses a combination of his years of experience, current good practice guidelines and research evidence to deliver the topics he trains. He uses a holistic interactive training style that provides delegates with real skills and information, which they are then able to apply back in the workplace and beyond. He has delivered training and provided consultancy to numerous organisations during his career. Notable clients include the Department of Health, Department of Work and Pensions and the Home Office as well as housing organisations across the UK.
We can bring this course to you.
If you have five or more staff interested our in-house training offers great value for money.
Complete the form below and we’ll be in touch.