Suitable for: R What does this mean?
This course aims to help duty holders to understand more about their legal responsibilities, and the health risks created by legionella bacteria so a risk assessment can be done and suitable control measures can be implemented.
On this course we will cover:
- What is Legionella?
- Legal Responsibilities
- Hazardous Environments
- Legionella Risk Assessment
- Controlling the Risks
- Know where to go for advice and assistance concerning legionella management within your organisation.
By the end of this Legionella awareness training course, learners will:
- Understand where legionella bacteria come from, how people develop legionnaires’ disease and how it affects their health
- Understand their legal responsibilities in regards to preventing and monitoring legionella
- Know the environments where legionella bacteria are commonly found
- Know how to carry out a risk assessment to identify and control the hazards
- Have an awareness of the control measures that can be used to reduce the risks from legionella
- Understand the importance of continually monitoring, reviewing and updating the legionella control measures.
Larry Ryder is a Chartered Member of IOSH and has over 15 years working with the social housing sector.
An experienced trainer with a wide range of safety related subjects, including designing and developing bespoke content for companies.
We can bring this course to you.
If you have five or more staff interested our in-house training offers great value for money.
Complete the form below and we’ll be in touch.