Suitable for: All What does this mean?
This workshop will build confidence and knowledge for attendees, equipping them with the tools and ability to deliver internal training.
Using a range of interactive techniques and materials, the day will focus on the following:
Qualities and skills set of trainers
- Including knowledge, facilitation and behavioural skills.
Understanding your audience
- Including VARK , training vs teaching and exploring how to pitch as a trainer in the workplace.
Toolkit for trainers, confidence boosting practical tips that include
- Adaptability, the importance of being flexible and responsive in training settings to ensure that objectives are delivered
- Communication skills, tips to boost confidence and effectiveness, keeping pace, ensuring delivery is relevant and keeping the audience engaged
- Managing nerves, focusing on practical tips – preparation, centring etc
- Clarity on what training doesn’t achieve – reminding delegates that training is part of a range of tools and approaches used organisationally.
Presentations and feedback on individual sessions
- Feedback on style and tips from the cohort, with a focus on consistency and practical support.
Who should attend this workshop?
All people who are interested in developing and delivering internal training.
Jo Carr works as an independent leadership and management coach, trainer and consultant in the health, social care and social housing sectors. Before 2013, Jo spent 25 years in management roles in social housing and the voluntary sector.
Jo is a lifelong learning qualified trainer, and an ILM qualified management and mentoring coach, and she also has a flair for bringing her learning and perspective from her background to help her clients find solutions for their pressure points.
Jo uses a flexible and eclectic mix of products and models in her work, from NLP to Situational leadership – with the focus on the client audience developing their ability through increased confidence and capacity. She is also an accredited Belbin team roles facilitator. Jo is a very skilled communicator, with an intuitive approach to working with her audience – and this is borne out in her range of delivery methods as a coach and trainer.
We can bring this course to you.
If you have five or more staff interested our in-house training offers great value for money.
Complete the form below and we’ll be in touch.