Suitable for: RI What does this mean?
This interactive half-day course for non-technical staff will help to improve your knowledge and raise your confidence when dealing with issues of damp and black mould
Tenants reporting issues of damp and black mould can be a daily occurrence for non-technical housing staff, from calls to the contact centre, or staff that are out on site carrying out visits
Each case is unique to that individual property and household, and may be caused by something completely different from the last case you dealt with. Knowing what signs and symptoms to look for, or what questions to ask, will not only help you to identify the cause, but will also enable you to find a remedy quicker to solve the problem.
This course is delivered in easy-to-understand non-technical language.
What participants will learn:
- The different reasons why a surface can feel wet
- An understanding of the symptoms, and their remedies
- Knowing the effective steps to reduce and avoid condensation
- Which questions to ask to make a valid assessment
- Diagnose a reported issue to achieve a ‘First time Fix’.
What the course will cover:
- Penetrating damp
- Rising damp
- Black mould.
Who should attend:
- Contact centre staff
- Housing management staff
- Caretakers and handymen
- Staff who undertake estate visits
- Supported housing staff
- Property Services staff office support
- Customer inspectors
- Everyone from a non-technical background who wishes to increase their knowledge of damp, mould and condensation.
Nancy Witham has more than 30 years experience within the Social Housing Sector. She delivers innovative, engaging interactive training to operational staff in Repairs & Maintenance, Neighbourhood, Customer Service and Business IT systems. Nancy’s style of training makes learning enjoyable and relevant and her training programmes receive consistently excellent feedback.
We can bring this course to you.
If you have five or more staff interested our in-house training offers great value for money.
Complete the form below and we’ll be in touch.