Suitable for: All What does this mean?
Wanting to use ASB injunctions as part of your armoury for tackling ASB? Then this course is for you.
We’ll take a practical look at when injunctions and possessions claims are appropriate to use and how to go about it.
Under the expert guidance of our trainer, Aisha Akhtar, delegates will gain practical experience of drafting injunction clauses based on real life case studies. You’ll understand what a ‘reasonable and proportionate’ clause should contain, and what to put into the witness statement.
What will be covered?
- Understanding when the ASB injunction can be used
- The evidential test for applying for a civil injunction and possession claim
- Case studies and scenarios
- Drafting of common ASB injunction clauses
- Using positive requirements in ASB injunctions
- What should go into your witness statement to support a claim and how to structure it
- Common mistakes to avoid in witness statements
- What happens when there is a breach of order?
- Possession proceedings on both discretionary and absolute possession grounds
- Examples of actual, up to date legal cases.
Aimed at Those working in the housing sector looking to develop their knowledge of these ASB tools, or an officer who currently uses or is looking to use civil Injunctions and possession claims but would like to gain more confidence.
Aisha Akhtar qualified as a lawyer in 2009 having taken a keen interest in social housing. She has worked both in-house and in private practice. She joined Network Homes in October 2017 as their in-house social housing expert. She manages a team and deals with all housing management matters.
She has been a board member for a housing association previously in East London and is currently an Advisory Board member for Inspirited Minds (a mental health Charity).
She has delivered training sessions throughout the country on various topics throughout her career. She regularly delivers both public and tailor made in-house training to various HAs and LAs.
Aisha really enjoys delivering training and empowering people, she makes the sessions interactive so there is an exchange of ideas so delegates leave feeling confident in implementing positive change.
We can bring this course to you.
If you have five or more staff interested our in-house training offers great value for money.
Complete the form below and we’ll be in touch.