Chat with us live
Introduction to social housing
- Type Public training - virtual
- Venue Virtual training
- Start 13 Oct 2020 09:30
- End 13 Oct 2020 15:00
This course aims to give housing staff, board members and involved residents a working knowledge of the context in which they operate and how we have arrived there. It will give delegates insight into the development of social housing as a sector and profession, and highlight current key operational concerns and external influences on service delivery.
Key elements of the training include:
- Locating social housing: understanding tenure
- Who provides social housing? Who is it for?
- Changing demographics and new challenges for the sector
- What is social housing and how did it develop? The Victorian philanthropists and early state intervention
- From the welfare state to a business focus: the reconfiguration of tenants as customers
- Housing management under the spotlight: delivering core services in context – key functions, key concerns
- Understanding service delivery: generic versus specialist working arrangements
- Social housing: professional concerns
- Who funds social housing and how are we accountable?
Who should attend?
- All staff
- Board members
- Involved residents
- Any position new to the housing sector
- Anyone wishing to update their knowledge in the rapidly changing housing world
- In the UK or the Republic of Ireland.
Michael Guest has extensive experience operationally, as a consultant and trainer in the housing sector. This extends across working with board members, staff and involved residents in many types of housing organisation. As an established and respected Chartered Housing Professional, his own experience involves most roles in housing.
Michael was awarded an MSc with Distinction in Housing Studies in 2020. He is well known for his approachable and participative style of training, ensuring that learning is retained and can be applied in practice.
This course will also be running on 3 November and 15 December 2020.
Price per delegate
1 delegate: £275.00 *
2 delegates: £250.00 *
3+: £225.00 *
Members of any HQN network:
1 delegate: £250.00 *
2 delegates: £225.00 *
3+: £200.00 *
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT.
Key to who should attend:
Suitable for staff of all levels
This course will be particularly relevant to members of all networks.
Cancellations and substitutions:
A full refund will be given if a cancellation is made 28 calendar days or more prior to the event, and a 50% refund if a cancellation is made 15-27 calendar days prior to the event. We regret that no refund can be given if a cancellation is made 14 calendar days or less before the event.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.