Chat with us live
The essentials of housing association finance – for non-finance experts and those new to the sector – Half-day course
Housing finance can be tricky to get to grips with. Whilst the basic financial principles are similar to other sectors there are particular issues that all managers need to be aware of and understand.
The essentials of housing association finance – for non-finance experts and those new to the sector
This half-day course covers everything you need to know about housing association finance. Explained in straightforward language, it's geared to all operational managers.
This course provides a good foundation for managers wanting to improve their financial understanding.
Sessions will cover:
- Sources of income
- Capital and revenue expenditure
- Development appraisals
- Budgeting and business planning including covenants
- Management accounts
- Financial statements
- How the regulator monitors RPs' finances
- Other key stakeholders.
What will delegates learn?
- Financial principles underlying social housing and housing associations
- Financial terms explained
- Key diary dates, regulatory requirements and obligations – and the implications for operational managers
- What to consider when putting a budget together
- How to read and interpret management accounts and the financial statements.
Who should attend?
Essential for all managers, regardless of service area, wanting to improve their understanding of finance. Ideal for those new in post, new to the sector as well as everyone wanting to refresh their knowledge.