Chat with us live
- Reference: Curo
- Application closing date: 15 Apr 2020 00:00
37 hours per week, permanent
- •Do you want to join a forward thinking social housing company who want to invest and develop in a career that grows with you? We are looking for a positive and dynamic leader to join the high performing Lettings Team in the role of Voids Manager.
- Do you easily build effective relationships with a wide range of people including customers and colleagues, with an ability to influence and negotiate?
- Are you comfortable with dealing with challenging conversations, remaining confident and firm, whilst being respectful and considerate?
- Do you have the skills to really listen to and recognise what it is that our customers really want and be committed to achieving the best possible outcome?
If your answer to these questions is yes, we have an exciting new job opportunity that could be for you.
Curo is an organisation with social purpose at its heart. We provide affordable homes that help people find security and stability and a positive future. We’re one of the largest housing associations in the South West and an expanding house builder, using our profits to create more affordable housing in our communities. Our values are at the core of how we work. We care about our colleagues and their wellbeing and recognise their sense of pride in the work they do to support our customers.
We own and manage around 13,000 properties in the south west, the majority of them in Bath. As well as rented housing, we offer support for vulnerable people with thoughtful and effective services, and work to improve our homes and estates and build new places for people to live.
What you'll be doing
You’ll provide leadership, technical and operation management to our in-house voids team and external contractors. You will ensure all homes let to our customers safe and compliant with all relevant regulatory and best practice guidance.
You will robustly manage performance to ensure our properties are let within agreed timescales and budget. You will work with colleagues to identify and maximise opportunities to exceed targets, as well as managing challenges to minimise the time our homes are empty.
You’ll manage contracts, ensuring completion of all remedial actions in a timely manner, and generate interpret high quality and reliable data.
More about you
You will hold a relevant professional qualification as well as evidencing experience appropriate for this management post.
You will have a proven track record in managing a direct labour organsisation and a sound understanding of the requirements of void repairs delivery within a social housing environment.
You’ll be skilled at motivating and influencing colleagues, internal and external stakeholders and working collaboratively to deliver renowned customer service in a fast-paced, high volume environment.
You’ll work relentlessly towards becoming best in sector for our business and our customers.
At the same time you will demonstrate resilience and the desire to work in an interesting environment where no day is ever the same!
If this sounds like the role for you then we’d love to hear from you!
When and where you'll be doing it
You’ll be based in the Bath at our Maltings Office on Lower Bristol Road. You will need to have the ability to travel around Bath and surrounding areas to enable you to visit our properties as and when required.
What will you get in return?
We think you’ll have a job that makes you feel good about what you’re doing – you will make a difference to our customers’ lives every day.
- A day’s leave on your birthday
- 26 days annual leave per year (plus bank holidays) rising to 29 after 3 years’ service
- Opportunity to earn performance related pay
- Company Pension contribution of up to 10%
- Flexible Benefits including health care, gym membership, buying holiday.
Here at Curo we are about getting the right candidate for the right role, however we recognise that as an organisation we are underrepresented in certain areas. Therefore we operate the disability confident scheme to encourage disabled applicants and we welcome applications from candidates who are BAME or LGBTQ+. We also welcome applications from Curo customers. If you need support to assist you to make an application or attend an interview, then please contact our HR team on 01225 366000, we would be happy to help.
To find out more and to apply online, please visit www.curo-group.co.uk
For an informal discussion about the role please call Hayley Stockham, Head of Lettings on 01225 366000.
Closing Date: 12.00pm on 15 April 2020
Interviews: 1st stage interview: 28 April 2020
- Employment Type: Full time
- Pay: £42,250 Annually