Chat with us live
Trainee Asset Surveyors
- Reference: Valleys to Coast Housing
- Application closing date: 01 Mar 2019 00:00
These two positions are based in Bridgend. Please note both postions are fixed term for two years.
Do you want to join a forward thinking social housing association that puts their customers at the heart of everything they do? We have a new development role in our Assets Team.
We will provide you with the training and experience required to develop your skills, abilities and career as a Buildings and Assets Surveyor. You will participate in and undertake a variety of surveying activities including; Stock Condition Surveys, Welsh Housing Quality Standard Surveys and Energy Performance Certificates.
You will work as part of the Assets Investment Team, assisting in the identification, coordination, planning and implementation of major improvements programmes. You will also help to ensure that the data we hold on our homes is accurate, accessible and up to date.
As your skills and knowledge increases, you will have the opportunity to work within other parts of Valleys to Coast, including the Housing Repair Service and the Development Department
What will I be doing?
- Demonstrate on-going learning and development
- Adhere to all Health and Safety Requirements
- Adhere to and promote the values of Valleys to Coast
- Ensure that all the work allocated is delivered to the required quality standards and meets the highest customer service standards
- Deliver a range of surveys as allocated
- Participate actively in meetings, ensuring a full consideration of all issues arising
- Keep up-to-date with changes in relevant housing legislation, best practice, policies and procedures to ensure that changes to policy and procedure are implemented
- Maintain confidentiality of information ensuring that access to information is strictly controlled.
- Have 5 GCSE’s (or equivalent) qualifications including Maths and English
- Potentially, have a qualification in Architectural Technology, Building Surveying or other related discipline or relevant employment experience to demonstrate skills
- Have a good level of knowledge of Construction and design of domestic dwellings
- Demonstrate a good level of competence and experience in the use of Information Technology (IT)
- Systems such as Microsoft Office and Databases
- Demonstrate an understanding of housing & property maintenance and refurbishment
- Demonstrate commitment to customer service in all activities with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrate good time management skills
- Have a full driving licence and use of a car for work purposes
- Ability to communicate in spoken/written welsh an advantage.
- Employment Type: Full time
- Hours: 37
- Pay: £22,100 (depending on experience) Annually