Chat with us live
Temporary Accommodation Officer
- Reference: Stevenage Borough Council: Stevenage
- Application closing date: 26 Sep 2021 00:00
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Temporary Accommodation Officer to join our Housing Management team.
The successful post holder will be able to deliver a comprehensive housing management service to a portfolio of temporary and emergency accommodation which will include a range of schemes and tenures.
The post holder will be responsible for license enforcement, letting of temporary and emergency accommodation, facilitating the move-on to general needs accommodation where appropriate as well as providing housing management tenancy sustainment support which will include:
• Setting a good example in terms of conduct, and attitude
• Motivation and adhering to targets
• Adapting to change
• Working as one team in line with the corporate values/behaviours.
Day-to-day duties will involve the close liaison with the Councils Housing Options and Supply team as well as colleagues across all Council Services. Excelle nt communication, resilience, enthusiasm and commitment to the corporate objectives are required.
The post is subject to a DBS Check and a Value Based Interview
We offer a range of benefits to support our staff including:
- Pension Scheme: We offer a career average pension scheme, providing generous benefits upon retirement, as well as a lump sum and pension for dependants
- Flexible working: available upon request, subject to operational requirements.
- Part time and Job share: all our full time vacancies are open to job share unless otherwise stated.
- A variety of different types of paid and unpaid leave covering emergency and planned leave, maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave.
- 24 days holiday rising to 30 days (depending on Local Government service)
- An extensive range of learning and development opportunities
- Confidential advice and support on personal, work, family and relationship issues, 24/7, from our Employee Assistance Programme
- Season ticket loans and discounts for public transport
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Stevenage Credit Union: secure savings, free life insurance and access to cheap loans
- Employee Discounts: via monthly paid membership of the Civil Service Sports Council (CSSC)
- Discounted Health and Fitness membership at SLL
- Trade Unions: For a small fee, all employees have the opportunity to join a Trade Union.
- Employment Type: Part time
- Pay: £30,451 (from pro rata for hours worked) Annually