Chat with us live
Service Charge Accountant – Leasehold
- Reference: Ealing Council
- Application closing date: 02 Mar 2020 00:00
1 Year Fixed Term
Ealing is London's third largest borough, located in the heart of west London and home to more than 340,000 residents and over 13,000 businesses; Ealing is one of London's most successful boroughs at attracting new developments and regenerating its housing stock.
You will form part of an operational team that provides a central support function to various teams in the Landlord Services and Housing Demand Division. These services are sat in the new 'Place Directorate'.
• Have a detailed current knowledge and understanding of the legislation governing Leasehold tenancies, calculations and recharges.
• Knowledge of legislation and contractual requirements for service charge collection for various tenures – leasehold, shared ownership, freehold.
• Practical experience of successfully completing the leasehold final accounts and estimates accurately and within statutory deadline.
• A track record of identifying, initiating and implementing service improvements and innovative solutions to problems.
• A track record of working to and meeting statutory and corporate deadline and targets.
• Constantly innovating and looking at the repairs cost culture process to that will generate income or deliver savings or reduce expenditure.
• Accurately complete complex reconciliations within deadline and without errors, ensuring all variances are promptly investigated and fully resolved.
• Excellent knowledge of financial management and ability to extract and manipulate complex financial information.
• Excellent IT skills (advanced Excel especially) and able to use technology to improve processes and reporting.
• Demonstrate capacity to manage people and to coach/mentor staff
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, and ability to present complex financial issues to non-finance people at various levels.
Ealing currently has more than 4,600 leasehold units as well as nomination rights to registered provider accommodation across the borough. More Affordable Housing is a central plank of the Councils 'Future Ealing' agenda, Ealing's major transformation programme.
To discuss this role in more detail please contact Olanrewaju Oyedele on 020 8825 6929.
This post is subject to Ealing's enhanced vetting process.
To apply online please visit www.ealing.gov.uk/jobs
Closing date: 2 March 2020
- Employment Type: Full time
- Pay: £39,774 - £44,607 Annually