Chat with us live
Service and Repairs Manager
- Reference: Darlington Borough Council
- Application closing date: 22 Apr 2019 00:00
This is an exciting opportunity to lead a small but very successful Service and Repairs Team assisting Senior Managers in the effective and efficient day to day management of the service.
The successful applicant will oversee all repairs and maintenance to Council buildings ensuring that projects are delivered safely, within budget and to agreed timescales.
You should have a recognised qualification in Building (Construction, Electrical or Mechanical) Services and experience of working within a building services environment.
You should also have an understanding of cyclical maintenance and repairs together with the ability to manage and allocate resources to contracts based on priority needs.
A working knowledge of current health and safety legislation is also essential.
- Employment Type: Full time
- Hours: 35
- Pay: £31,371 - £33,799 Annually
In return, the rewards for working at the Council will go beyond the salary you will receive with numerous additional benefits such as:
- 31 days annual leave, plus public holidays
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity and Adoption Leave Payments
- Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
- Flexi Time Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme in partnership with Halfords
- Access to Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services
- Regular health and wellbeing initiatives
- Reduced membership to the Dolphin Centre's 'Fit 4 Life' package.