Chat with us live
Senior Planning Officer
- Reference: Stevenage Borough Council
- Application closing date: 01 Apr 2019 17:00
This is an exciting time for Stevenage Borough Council, with its Local Plan close to adoption, its ambitious growth plans can start to be realised. A comprehensive town centre regeneration scheme is already underway, taking advantage of its ideal locational connections to London and the North via Thameslink, and new settlements on the edge of the town will soon become a reality.
An opportunity has arisen within our Planning and Regulation team for a Senior Planning Officer.
We are looking for a qualified, suitably experienced and motivated senior planner to join our Development Management team. You will be responsible for carrying out the full range of development management duties and will have some experience of dealing complex planning applications. You will need to demonstrate your ability to work using your own initiative, have excellent organisational and communication skills with a desire to help the delivery of high quality, sustainable development which helps to meet the aspirations of our local communities.
We value people with initiative and with the confidence and ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Employment Type: Full time
- Hours: 37
- Pay: £33,136 - 36,153 Annually
The position is for 37 hours per week. However, we are happy to consider alternative working arrangements. We offer a number of benefits including:-
- Flexible working hours
- Generous leave entitlement
- We offer an excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Free staff car parking
- An Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services
- We have negotiated discounts with various organisations to enable you to make choices about your health and lifestyle
- We are keen as a Council to support your training and personal development as a Development Management Officer.