Chat with us live
Safety Coordinator (part time)
- Reference: YMCA Bedfordshire
- Application closing date: 21 Nov 2019 00:00
22.5 hours per week over 3 days (Mon-Fri)
YMCA Bedfordshire is a progressive, forward looking small Housing Association, underpinned by Christian values and committed to supporting people to recover from trauma and the devastating impact of domestic abuse, in a safe and aspirational environment. We are ahead of the field in our commitment to deliver services in a psychologically informed way in order to maximise successful outcomes for our clients.
We expect our staff to be passionate about making a difference to lives and wanting the best for people - this often means ‘going the extra mile’ to achieve it. In return, we offer competitive remuneration packages, developmental support and training opportunities and a friendly working environment.
As Safety Coordinator you will coordinate all health, fire and safety issues in the Association in order to comply with or exceed the statutory regulations and YMCA Bedfordshire policy. In conjunction with the Director of Corporate Resources, Housing managers and Maintenance Team Leader, you will be responsible for the Health & Safety of the accommodation projects and offices. The Safety Coordinator will manage relationships with key suppliers relevant to the role, and with premises landlords (including bpha) with reference to H& S compliance responsibilities and any major refurbishment works that are commissioned by/in agreement with them.
Health & Safety, Security, CCTV & Access
- Take responsibility for maintaining all health & safety documentation, for example: policy, accident records, fire safety procedures etc.
- Promote and develop a health & safety culture which secures effective implementation of policy, procedures and responsibilities.
- Scheduling of Health & Safety checks for all premises and completion of relevant paperwork.
- Weekly maintenance and testing of fire equipment, emergency lights and break glass panels.
- Implement and record fire equipment and fire alarm testing
- Advise other members of staff on health & safety / rules & regulations to particular tasks
- Respond to out of hours emergency calls as and when agreed (with Director of Corporate Resources)
- To take responsibility for the organisation’s internal storage facilities
- In conjunction with the Director of Corporate Resources, take responsibility for all aspects of security for premises and property (alarm systems, physical security, CCTV, etc.)
- Collating reports on service activity as appropriate
- Completion of monthly Key Performance Indicators which measure response to maintenance and voids
- Carry out other duties nominated by the Director of Corporate Resources
- Callout in case of fire NOT false alarm (stand-in for Maintenance Team Leader)
- Manage liaison with premises landlords, including but not limited to bpha Project Managers (or similar), with respect to compliance responsibilities and planned major building refurbishment
- Write and implement relevant procedures
- Lead premises condition surveys (continuous) in conjunction with Maintenance Team Leader
- Risk assessments (Maintenance and other departments)
- 6-monthly site inspections - Monthly room check rota
- Employment Type: Part time
- Pay: £16,000 - £18,000 Annually