Chat with us live
- Reference: Stevenage Borough Council
- Application closing date: 17 Dec 2018 12:00
An exciting opportunity has arisen within Stevenage Direct Services for a Project Officer to be responsible for delivery of a robust responsive repairs service to our tenant’s homes and the Councils empty properties
The Project Officer will offer a supporting role to the team as well as being involved in managing some projects directly. As such previous experience of delivering in a supporting role, whilst maintaining a high standard of professionalism, enthusiasm and care for the work being done will be an advantage.
We are looking for dynamic individuals that are comfortable working in a fast pace, performance driven and continuously changing environment. To complement and enhance our existing team you need to be a change promoter and proactive individual who likes a challenge and works well within a team.
We are looking for candidates with both people and analytical skills. You will ideally have experience of leading performance improvement. They will also take the lead on dealing with complaints in an efficient and customer focused manner, ensuring all complaints are dealt with within target.
Successful candidate will have:
• Excellent strong interpersonal skills, strong verbal and communication skills, have strong organisational, planning and time management skills
• Relevant trade / surveying experience
• Experience in cost management and working with NATFED SOR codes
• Excellent attention to detail and competent analysis skills.
• Experience in the Microsoft Office and familiar with relational databases
Consideration will be given to applicants who are looking for career progression.
- Employment Type: Full time
- Hours: 37
- Pay: £33,136 - 36,153 (pro rata for hours worked) Annually
Stevenage Borough Council (SBC) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, volunteers and recruitment candidates to share this commitment. SBC shall take all reasonable steps to employ staff who are safe to work with children, young people and vulnerable adults. For posts identified with regular contact with these groups applicants will be required to undertake a Value Based Interview. The council supports the legislative requirements for employing and maintaining safer staff and the guidance specified by the Hertfordshire Safeguarding Children Board Safe Staffing Handbook 2010.
Stevenage Borough Council is committed to Equal Opportunities for All.