Chat with us live
Nursing Service Manager - Learning Disabilities
- Reference: Estuary Housing Association
- Application closing date: 23 Feb 2020 00:00
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Service Manager to join Mountnessing Road in Billericay, a registered nursing service for adults with learning and physical disabilities. We’re looking for a motivated leader to develop and manage the staff team at Mountnessing Road in supporting the people who live there to have positive fulfilled lives.
For this post, candidates must:
- Possess effective leadership and management skills - or significant experience as a deputy/team leader and ready for a bigger challenge.
- Have the vision to continuously improve and innovatively develop services and teams. The motivation and drive to identify and implement initiatives that will lead to service improvements and efficiencies
- Demonstrate excellent people management skills. The ability to develop a high performing team and therefore meet the needs of each person who lives at the service.
- Commit to personal development. You have already obtained, or are committed to achieving QCF/RQF Level 5 in Management.
- Have experience of supporting people with complex needs to lead a full life.
- Be able to work occasional weekends and evenings.
Applicants will also require a strong track record in leadership & management, and good knowledge of the challenges that face people with learning disabilities. A strong working knowledge of the Care Quality Commission and the essential standards of quality and care are imperative to this role. You will need the ability to evolve with, adapt to and embrace the changing face of Adult Social Care; you will need a cool head in difficult situations and have the ability to be decisive and inspire confidence in those around you
- Employment Type: Full time
- Hours: 35
- Pay: £32,624 Annually
With Estuary, you'll be creating and managing an environment where people are supported to lead fulfilled and independent lives and in return you will be offered a great salary, pension and excellent training and development opportunities.
So do you think this is for you? Are you ready for the challenge? Well if you are, we would love you to apply.
Estuary has a value-based recruitment policy which means our selection process is aligned with our core values of Excellence, Care and Innovation - this ensures that, when recruiting, we find the right person with the right values and expected behaviours for the job, who will strive to provide excellent services to the people we support. This supplements our requirements for essential and desirable skills, knowledge and abilities for each role.
Safeguarding & Recruitment
Estuary is committed to safeguarding and practices safer recruitment standards and expects all staff to share the commitment to safeguarding children and people with care and support needs. The successful applicants will be required to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK. This post is also subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
Equality & Diversity
At Estuary Housing Association we value inclusiveness and we are committed to embedding equality and diversity at the heart of our work. We aim to be an inclusive organisation, where individual differences are respected, where staff, people who use services, as well as their families and carers, are treated with dignity and on the basis of their merits, abilities and needs, and where everyone has a fair opportunity to fulfil their potential without suffering discrimination or disadvantage
Don’t miss out! Our closing date is midnight on Sunday 23rd February 2020.