Chat with us live
Maintenance Operative - fixed term
- Reference: Stevenage Borough Council
- Application closing date: 26 Aug 2019 17:00
This job is a 6 month fixed term contract.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within Stevenage Direct Services for a Maintenance Operative to be assist in the delivery of a robust responsive repairs service to our tenant’s homes and the Councils empty properties.
The Maintenance Operative will offer a supporting role to the team of tradespeople, as well delivering a number of repairs themselves. As such, previous experience of delivering in a supporting role, within the construction/maintenance sector is a must.
We are looking for dynamic individuals that are comfortable working in a fast pace, performance driven and continuously changing environment. To complement and enhance our existing team you need to be a change promoter and proactive individual who likes a challenge and works well within a team.
We are looking for candidates with a range of maintenance or construction experience and knowledge of various disciplines. You will ideally have experience of working in a similar role.
Successful candidate will have:
- Excellent strong interpersonal skills, strong verbal and communication skills, have strong organisational, planning and time management skills
- Relevant trade experience
- Knowledge and experience of various maintenance disciplines. i.e. basic carpentry, plumbing, decorating etc.
- Excellent attention to detail and will take pride in the work they deliver.
- Employment Type: Full time
- Hours: 37
- Pay: £22,911 - £25,295 (pro rata for hours worked) Annually
Stevenage Borough Council (SBC) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, volunteers and recruitment candidates to share this commitment. SBC shall take all reasonable steps to employ staff who are safe to work with children, young people and vulnerable adults. For posts identified with regular contact with these groups applicants will be required to undertake a Value Based Interview. The council supports the legislative requirements for employing and maintaining safer staff and the guidance specified by the Hertfordshire Safeguarding Children Board Safe Staffing Handbook 2010.
Stevenage Borough Council is committed to Equal Opportunities for All. For further information please visit our website.