Chat with us live
- Reference: Valleys to Coast Housing
- Application closing date: 24 Jan 2019 23:55
Do you want to join a forward thinking social housing association that puts their customers at the heart of everything they do? We have a new role for Maintenance Officer in our Housing Repairs Team.
In this role you will assist in the delivery of an effective, innovative, customer focused property servicing and managing the delivery of construction works within the housing repairs service including emergency, urgent, routine responsive works and planned as required; with Statutory Health and Safety Regulations to keep customers, staff, members of the public and contractors healthy and safe.
You will be managing a mixed team of up to 20 trades staff, and will be expected to manage the life cycle of the job from conception to completion, this will involve site visits, scoping, dealing with complaints and quality visits to our customers. You will also be liaising with all departments within Valleys to Coast being the connection and voice to our success.
What will I be doing?
- Be responsible for achieving maximum productivity to the required standards of quality and workmanship.
- Manage staff within the section by providing direct supervision, training and development, recruitment and selection including carrying out one–to–one meetings and Achievements, Impacts and Measures (AIMs).
- Undertake pre and post inspections on jobs and ensure that all necessary paper work is completed and systems updated.
- Ensure the disposal of waste in accordance with current waste management regulations and company procedures.
- Manage and monitor material usage to ensure that all materials are obtained and used in the correct manner. Liaise with stores with relation of pre-planning material requirements.
- Work with the company’s Corporate Services Health & Safety Policies to ensure compliance in all areas of Health & Safety.
- A qualification relevant to the post, such as a recognised construction or building qualification or relevant experience.
- Knowledge of the construction industry and CDM regulations.
- Knowledge of general housing construction, repairs and maintenance work including legislation and best practice.
- Experience of manual handling, risk assessments and scaffold inspection.
- Experience of construction works planning using directly employed tradespersons.
- Experienced with computer packages and mobile technology.
- Demonstrate self-motivation with good personal organisation skills, able to manage conflicting priorities to meet deadlines.
- Hold a full driving licence with no/min. endorsements.
- Ability to communicate in spoken/written welsh an advantage
- Employment Type: Full time
- Hours: 37
- Pay: £30,100.00 (depending on experience) Annually