Chat with us live
Investment Project Support Officer x2
- Reference: Stevenage Borough Council: Stevenage
- Application closing date: 19 Sep 2021 00:00
We are looking for a confident, engaging Project Support Officer to provide high quality project support within the Investment Team. The post holder will work collaboratively with the Housing & Investment Business Unit, other council services, our contractors, tenants, leaseholders and adjoining owner/occupiers to gain access and enable major works to our customers’ homes in advance of and during programmes.
The successful candidate will be a team player who is committed to delivering excellent customer services and be an effective communicator with good time management and organisational skills.
We offer a range of benefits to support our staff including:
• Pension Scheme: We offer a career average pension scheme, providing generous benefits upon retirement, as well as a lump sum and pension for dependants
• Flexible working: available upon request, subject to operational requirements.
• Part time and Job share: all our full time vacancies are open to job share unless otherwise stated.
• A variety of different types of paid and unpaid leave covering emergency and planned leave, maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave.
• 24 days holiday rising to 30 days (depending on Local Government service)
• An extensive range of learning and development opportunities
• Confidential advice and support on personal, work, family and relationship issues, 24/7, from our Employee Assistance Programme
• Season ticket loans and discounts for public transport
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Stevenage Credit Union: secure savings, free life insurance and access to cheap loans.
• Employee Discounts: via monthly paid membership of the Civil Service Sports Council (CSSC)
• Discounted Health and Fitness membership at SLL
• Trade Unions: For a small fee, all employees have the opportunity to join a Trade Union.
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Greta Gardiner on 01438 242898
For an application pack and to apply online, please visit www.stevenage.gov.uk/job-vacancies. Please quote the correct post reference number when applying.
Please note that Stevenage Borough Council cannot accept CV’s, all applications must be made on the Council’s standard application form which can be found at the above link.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 23:00 on 19 September 2021
Please note that if we receive a large volume of applications for this role, we reserve the right to close this vacancy ahead of the published closing date.
Stevenage Borough Council (SBC) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, volunteers and recruitment candidates to share this commitment. SBC shall take all reasonable steps to employ staff who ar e safe to work with children, young people and vulnerable adults. For posts identified with regular contact with these groups applicants will be required to undertake a Value Based Interview. The council supports the legislative requirements for employing and maintaining safer staff and the guidance specified by Hertfordshire Safeguarding Adults Board
Stevenage Borough Council is committed to Equal Opportunities for all.
- Employment Type: Full time
- Pay: £23,541 Annually