Chat with us live
GIS and LLPG Manager
- Reference: Stevenage Borough Council
- Application closing date: 31 Aug 2019 00:00
As the GIS and LLPG Manager you will use your skills to update and maintain a number of different spatial technologies at Stevenage and East Herts Councils including MapInfo, GGP, and Idox Uniform. Using your knowledge of GIS principles you’ll solve unfamiliar problems, and help us on our journey to standardise our data holdings and rationalise the software we use. You’ll also be responsible for updating the Stevenage LLPG.
- Strong understanding of spatial technologies, with ability to learn and problem solve
- Customer focussed and have the ability to take ownership and use initiative
- Your main place of work will be Daneshill House in Stevenage, and you will also be able to travel to other sites across Hertfordshire as required.
- Employment Type: Full time
- Hours: 37
- Pay: £33,799 - £36,876 Annually
The Council offers a competitive salary and a pension scheme with generous employer contribution rates. We support a healthy work-life balance for our staff; providing flexible working, a flexi-time scheme and a range of family friendly policies including maternity, parental, adoption and paternity leave.
There is a minimum holiday entitlement of 24 days per year in addition to statutory and public holidays rising to 30 days per annum after 10 years’ service. Additional employee benefits include a range of savings including retail & leisure discounts through CSSC and travel discounts through SmartGoStevenage. Other transport benefits include access to electric pool cars, bicycles and e-bikes for business use and purchase of bikes through Cycle Scheme.
The Council considers health and well-being a key contributor to a strong workforce and provides discounted gym and leisure centre membership, Employee Assistance Provision as well as Occupational Heath support.