Chat with us live
Fun4YP Youth Worker x 2
- Reference: YMCA Bedfordshire
- Application closing date: 24 Jun 2019 12:00
Due to continued growth, the opportunity has arisen for two Fun4YP Youth Workers within YMCA Bedfordshire.
The Youth Workers will support the Youth Services Lead in the delivery of Fun 4 Young People, including:
- Facilitating the smooth and successful delivery of a variety of after school and holiday activities in Bedford Borough
- Supporting day to day administrative tasks
- Promoting courses in schools to maximise reach and engagement
- In conjunction with the Youth Services Lead, liaise with tutors to support the development of ideas and themes to update course content to ensure activities are appealing and relevant
- Researching venues/transport/other activity costs in local areas.
- Arranging venue bookings for future courses-liaise with schools, venues, tutors.
- Attending courses, both after school and holiday activities, to ensure that they run smoothly, liaising between parents, children & staff and providing pastoral care
- Dealing appropriately with enquiries from parents and staff
- Maintaining accurate records for each child/young people
- Collating necessary pre-/post-activity information.
The roles are for 22.5 hours per week each, with a possibility of increased hours in the next 12 months and overtime available during holiday club delivery.
- Employment Type: Full time
- Hours: 22.5
- Pay: £10,000-£15,000 Annually