Chat with us live
Fun4YP Youth Worker
- Reference: YMCA Bedfordshire
- Application closing date: 24 Jul 2019 12:00
Due to continued growth, the opportunity has arisen for a Fun4YP Youth Worker within YMCA Bedfordshire.
The Youth Worker will support the Youth Services Lead in the delivery of Fun 4 Young People, including:
- Facilitating the smooth and successful delivery of a variety of after school and holiday activities in Bedford Borough
- Supporting day to day administrative tasks
- Promoting courses in schools to maximise reach and engagement
- In conjunction with the Youth Services Lead, liaise with tutors to support the development of ideas and themes to update course content to ensure activities are appealing and relevant
- Researching venues/transport/other activity costs in local areas.
- Arranging venue bookings for future courses-liaise with schools, venues, tutors.
- Attending courses, both after school and holiday activities, to ensure that they run smoothly, liaising between parents, children & staff and providing pastoral care
- Dealing appropriately with enquiries from parents and staff
- Maintaining accurate records for each child/young people
- Collating necessary pre-/post-activity information
- A current First Aid certificate and experience or qualification in Youth Work is desirable.
The role is for a fixed number of hours, between 22.5 and 37.5 hours per week, set in agreement with the preferred candidate, with overtime available during holiday club delivery.
Car driver and access to own vehicle – Essential as regular travel will be involved.
- Employment Type: Full time
- Hours: 22.5 - 37.5
- Pay: £18,250 - £19,750 Annually