Chat with us live
Estate Services Officer
- Reference: Women's Pioneer Housing - White City, London
- Application closing date: 29 Jun 2021 00:00
Post title: Estate Services Officer
Hours: Full time 8.00am – 4.00pm (35 hours per week) Permanent
Place of work: Earls Court
Closing date: Midday Tuesday 29 June 2021
Women’s Pioneer Housing has a rich history of housing women. In 2020, we celebrated 100 years of providing homes for women in London. The need for an organisation that understands and champions women’s housing needs has never been more relevant. Today, the need for safe, secure, affordable housing is as great as ever and we remain committed to making a positive difference to women’s lives by providing high quality homes and services. Gender inequality also remains a huge issue. We aim to influence others to understand the link between providing women with good quality, affordable accommodation and the wider fight for women’s equality.
Our vision is to make a positive difference to women’s lives. Our mission is to provide homes and services whic h offer a springboard to independent women to achieve their potential. Our values, co-created with our staff and residents, reflect both our history and our future: Positivity, Integrity, One team, Never forgetting the customer, Equality, Empowerment and Responsibility.
We are on an exciting journey of continuous improvement putting residents at the heart of everything we do, working with our Resident Engagement and Scrutiny Panel to co-design services and to consult residents on our plans. We have embedded our patch-based working approach where frontline staff work as one team helping each other to deliver high quality services and support our residents’ independence and well-being Our patch-based working model includes a team of Estate Services Officers.
This vacancy is for a full time Estate Services Officer. The role requires you to work collaboratively with your colleagues in Property and Estate Services and Housing to provide a resident focused service. This is an exciting and varied role with a rare opportunity to join a specialist organisation championing women’s housing issues on the front line of an innovative way of working. You will play a key part ensuring that Women’s Pioneer provides safe, secure, high quality homes and services working with colleagues and contractors to provide a collaborative and cohesive service which puts residents at the heart of everything we do.
The majority of the homes we own are heritage properties typically, five and six storey Victorian terraced properties which have largely been converted into studio or one-bedroom flats. We also own a handful of larger, purpose built flats all across eight boroughs of west London.
These properties are both rewarding and challenging to maintain, they have large internal communal areas and many have communal gardens.
The role involves carrying out regular Health and Safety inspections, assessing the quality of provided services such as clean ing and grounds maintenance as well as being the first point of contact for residents and estate service contractors.
To do this well,
• You will be committed to offering excellent customer service, enjoy working with the public and be able to bring your experience of this to the role to engage, communicate and inspire others.
• You will be someone who cares passionately about creating a positive, clean and safe environment for residents.
• You will have a great eye for detail, enabling you to effectively monitor the performance of our estate services contractors including cleaning, grounds maintenance and pest control and for resolving any issues of concern directly with the contractor.
• You will be able to demonstrate you can work in an organised way with good literacy, numeracy and IT skills enabling you to maintain accurate and comprehensive record keeping and provide prompt reports to inform actions to be taken
The job inv olves working across dispersed properties and within tall buildings, most of which do not have lifts. It is essential therefore, that you are fully mobile and are physically fit.
Women’s Pioneer Housing is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes and encourages applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all residents and expect our staff to share this commitment.
A Disclosure and Barring Scheme (DBS) check will be required for this position under the provision of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Interviews for this role will be held on Thursday 8 July 2021 remotely via video call.
How to apply:
• An up-to-date CV which shows your full career history – we recommend that this is no longer than two pages.
• A supporting statement explaining why you are interested in this role detailing how you are a good candidate for this post and how you fulfil the per son specification. We recommend that this is no longer than two pages, please make sure you include examples and expand on your CV.
• A completed Diversity Monitoring form.
Please indicate on your application if you are unable to attend the interview date or if you require adjustments to our selection process to enable you to fully participate.
Applications must be received by midday on Tuesday 29 June 2021 and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading marked “Estate Services Officer Recruitment”
- Employment Type: Full time
- Pay: £22,840 Annually