Chat with us live
Customer Service Adviser
- Reference: Stevenage Borough Council
- Application closing date: 05 Apr 2019 00:00
As a Customer Service Adviser you will act as a professional and caring first-point-of-contact, providing help and advice to customers with a diverse range of queries, questions and situations.
The position is based in our Customer Service Centre; just a moment’s walk away from Stevenage bus and train stations in the town centre.
Many of our successful Customer Service Advisers progress to more senior roles within Customer Services, or advance to other roles throughout the Council.
There are two contracts available: one permanent (Post number 000282), one fixed-term of 9 months (Post number 000274). Working hours are on a shift basis. Job share opportunities also available.
- Customer focussed and have the ability to take ownership and use initiative. With experience in a customer service role, and have a strong customer service attitude
- Comfortable using computer systems to look-up and record information quickly and accurately, and have a basic knowledge of Word and Excel
- Have excellent time keeping skills, a flexible approach, and have good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work to a shift rota. The Centre is open from 8:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday and you will need to work on a rota basis to fulfil the need of our customers. (Maximum of 8 hours a day with paid breaks).
- Employment Type: Full time
- Hours: 37
- Pay: £17,972 - £18,870 Annually
“The Heart of a Town Lies in its People” and at Stevenage Borough Council our people are at the heart of what we do.
We deliver over 200 services to people who live, work and visit our town. The Council continue to be committed to demonstrating value for money by delivering excellent services that reflect the needs of our communities. Our employees play a key role in delivering this vision.
As an employee you will benefit from:
- A Car Park Season Ticket, free of charge on your working days
- Discounted Health & Fitness membership
- Discounts from retailers within the town
- A competitive, final contributory final salary pension scheme
- Job share opportunities.