Chat with us live
- Reference: Darlington Borough Council
- Application closing date: 31 Mar 2019 00:00
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a very successful construction team. We have recently completed a programme of around 180 high quality, affordable housing units and demand has been so strong that the Council is now looking to build a further 1000 dwellings over the next 10 years, in addition to a range of other capital projects , including schools and corporate buildings. The role of Construction Manager is therefore key to ensuring the quality and delivery of our major capital programmes.
The successful applicant will oversee construction projects from initiation to completion ensuring that projects are delivered safely, within budget and to agreed timescales.
You should have relevant experience within the construction industry and will be required to demonstrate a good working knowledge of the CDM regulations as well as significant staff and project management experience.
- Employment Type: Full time
- Hours: 35
- Pay: £34,788 - £37,849 Annually
In return, the rewards for working at the Council will go beyond the salary you will receive with numerous additional benefits such as:
• 31 days annual leave, plus public holidays
• Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
• Enhanced Maternity/Paternity and Adoption Leave Payments
• Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
• Flexi Time Scheme
• Cycle to Work Scheme in partnership with Halfords
• Access to Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services
• Regular health and wellbeing initiatives
• Reduced membership to the Dolphin Centre's 'Fit 4 Life' package.