Chat with us live
Community Employment Link Worker
- Reference: Sutton Housing Partnership: Sutton Gate
- Application closing date: 22 Sep 2021 00:00
Sutton Housing Partnership (established in 2006) manages council housing in Sutton. We aim to bring investment and improvements to homes across the borough. We are responsible for the day-to-day management of housing services to around 6,000 council tenants and 1,500 leaseholders.
We are currently seeking an Community Employment Link worker to join us in working together to deliver homes and communities where residents feel happy and secure.
The role of Community Employment Link Worker will be to address wider employment related concerns resulting from Covid-19. This would include:
- Providing personalised pre employment interventions, taking into account individual resident's needs, experience, aspirations and skills.
- Providing impartial support and guidance to accessing non employment based support which lead to barriers to employment ie: childcare
- Targeted and personalised interventions to meet the needs of minority or disadvantaged groups or those from deprived areas of the borough
- Supporting younger residents, in partnership with outreach services, to prevent them from falling into the benefit system
- Targeted support to vulnerable families
- Post employment support to ensure that outcomes are sustained
About you – You must have experience in working with employment support services or community investment. You will demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and have experience in working in partnership. An ability to establish good relationships with stakeholders and residents is essential. Experience of submitting grant funding applications would be an advantage. You must be a car driver/owner and either possess or agree to apply for an enhanced DBS.
You will work in a small team developing SHP’s Community Investment Plan. The role involves working on a number of projects and identifying new initiatives. You may be required to work occasional weekends or evenings. If you enjoy networking and developing partnerships, have relevant experience and welcome the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of our residents then we would welcome an application from you.
Successful candidates will have access to a wide range of excellent benefits;
27 days annual leave, in addition you will receive 8 statutory holidays (pro rata)
Local Government Pension Scheme
Simply Health staff benefit
Modern and flexible working environment
The full job description and person specification is attached.
- Employment Type: Full time
- Pay: £28,105 - £31,591 Annually