Chat with us live
Community Development Manager
- Reference: Stevenage Borough Council
- Application closing date: 30 Sep 2019 12:00
We are looking for a dynamic leader to drive our work to improve local communities. As a Co-operative Council we are looking for an individual who lives and breathes the values of community development and is able to successfully develop and translate strategy into action, with an ability to take others on that journey, putting our communities at the heart of everything we do.
You will oversee a number of dedicated community-facing resources, including a multi-million investment in local neighbourhoods, a strategic review of community centres and new commissioning and funding frameworks. You will also play a pivotal role in the Communities & Neighbourhoods management team. This is an exciting time for Stevenage and you will be inspired by the ambition, the pace and the commitment of our staff and councillors.
You will have:
- A track record in community development
- Recent experience in resident involvement/tenant participation and social housing
- Proven skills in programme management / neighbourhood management
- Sound knowledge of early intervention approaches to tackle a range of social issues
- Relevant experience in partnership working to deliver better outcomes
- An ability to problem solve and drive solutions
And, above all:
- A passion, drive and energy to make a difference!
- Employment Type: Full time
- Hours: 37
- Pay: £47,107 - £49,845 (pro rata for hours worked) Annually
“The Heart of a Town Lies in its People”
Stevenage - A New Era: Big Plans ... Great Ambitions
The motto of Britain’s first New Town takes a renewed sense of purpose as the council drives forward its Future Town, Future Council programme. Delivering a major £350 million town centre regeneration scheme, £45million refurbishment of council homes, and bold and ambitious cultural and health and wellbeing strategies, the council is determined to work with our communities to improve the quality of life for the town’s residents.
Stevenage Borough Council (SBC) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, volunteers and recruitment candidates to share this commitment. SBC shall take all reasonable steps to employ staff who are safe to work with children, young people and vulnerable adults. For posts identified with regular contact with these groups applicants will be required to undertake a Value Based Interview. The council supports the legislative requirements for employing and maintaining safer staff and the guidance specified by the Hertfordshire Safeguarding Children Board Safe Staffing Handbook 2010.
Stevenage Borough Council is committed to Equal Opportunities for All.