Chat with us live
- Reference: West Lancashire Borough Council
- Application closing date: 19 Feb 2019 00:00
An exciting opportunity has become available to join our Property Services team as a Building Surveyor. The main purpose of the role will be to survey tenanted properties before, during and after works to identify necessary repairs and ensure that repairs already completed meet the required standard, but may also include support to our void maintenance team as required. Main duties will include, but not be restricted to:
- Preparation of priced schedules of work, specifications and associated drawings for quotations and formal tender documents in accordance with the Council’s Contract Procedure Rules and Financial Regulations;
- Raising and issuing of job orders to contractors in accordance with the Council’s Contract Procedure Rules and Financial Regulations;
- Day to day supervision of contractors undertaking works; ensuring compliance with contract specifications and issued schedule of works;
- Inspection of completed works and recording of same on the Council's asset management data base;
- General building surveying duties.
The successful candidate will have appropriate academic, professional or technical qualifications in surveying, building or construction, and experience in general building surveying, with the ability to diagnose complex repairs.
- Employment Type: Full time
- Hours: 35
- Pay: £26,470 to £28,221 Annually