Chat with us live
There are now around 320,000 shared ownership properties in management in the UK – up from 200,000. And the number is growing: the Housing Revenue borrowing cap has been lifted for local authorities; opportunities for development are now a real possibility, and that is likely to include shared ownership and more and more housing associations are entering the shared ownership market too.
Various schemes operate around the country, with a mixed reputation and differing levels of success. Make sure you’re fully up to speed with the latest best practice. This practical course will cover everything you need to know from getting a scheme off the ground, marketing and selling properties effectively and day to day management.
Ideal for everyone involved in shared ownership – both as a refresher and for anyone new to this tenure.
Learn the lessons from the past and keep abreast with all the changes.
The course will cover
- The expectations of Homes England (the Government’s funding authority) in developing and selling shared ownership properties
- How best to work with Help to Buy Agents (formerly known as Homebuy agents)
- Good practice and requirements – marketing and selling shared ownership properties
- How shared ownership leases differ from other leases in management – specifically rent review, assignment, staircasing, income recovery, re-mortgages.
Who should attend
Everyone working in:
- Shared ownership from development
- Sales and marketing
- Management and maintenance.
Ideal as a refresher and those new to shared ownership, for housing association and local authority staff.
This training will be delivered by either Jackie Dickins or Helen Muir.